Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why I need to lose weight

For as long as I can remember, I have been a bigger kid. I remember the last time I was truly happy with my body was in 6th grade, before I hit puberty. And even then I was made fun of for being fat. So I guess I have never been truly happy with my body. When I hit puberty, I got hips and boobs, and fat started sticking to my stomach and thighs. Through high school, I was by no means fat, but thepeople around me convinced me otherwise. I was told by my step mom that I was fat and that I wouldn't be happy unless I lost weight. My sophomore year I did color guard and I was in great shape, best shape of my life. The coaches and my parents told me that I was too fat, and that I was disgusting to see in the uniforms. Below is a picture of me in color guard.

I disagree with my parents, but this is what I believed. When I graduated high school, I weighed about 180lbs. I was not skinny, but I looked good, I think. (See Picture)



When I entered college, I gained the freshman 15. Then the sophomore 15, and the junior 15 and the senior 15. Somehow I had ballooned to a person I didn't recognize and that is when I realized this was a problem. I, like Tasha, have made endless excuses. "I was on depo, and gained weight" "I have to eat more because Andy does", etc. All crap. I just stopped noticing the weight on my body and now I don't even recognize myself. 

Which brings me to this. Tasha had posted pictures of herself with the intention to lose weight, and I thought it was a brilliant idea. But I am bigger than tasha, so I was more embarrassed by facebook. So I suggested we make this blog and use it to motivate each other. But a large step in the weightloss journey is looking at the most embarrassing pictures of your life. Which brings me to these...

( I am having trouble uploading the pictures. 

I hope that my embarrassment can motivate others to take a stand and try to lose the weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment