Friday, May 29, 2009

Swimming Swimming Swimming

Today was a beautiful day. I love the sun, but only when it hits my skin and warms my soul. I can't wait to wear a bathing suit that flatters my body, not just covers it. So after my breakfast epiphany, I had 3 chicken fingers for lunch, with water. This was actually a filling lunch. Granted they were breaded, and they were probably fried, I only had 3, out of an order of 5, and that felt good. I usually eat everything on my plate, but today I ate until I was full, and took my time. Turns out I was full after 3. 

When I got home I had a hard core sweet tooth. This is what is gonna kill me. I love sweets, hence the 3 turnovers. So I satiated it with a few squares of Dark Chocolate. I love dark chocolate. It is sweet, but not as bad for you as milk chocolate. 

Then for dinner, andy and I made chicken noodle soup from scratch. I LOVE this meal. It feels light, because it is a broth, and it has lots of veggies in it. I feel good after eating this. But I did figure out a huge weakness of mine. Bread. I had a small portion of soup, but 3 pieces of bread. I really think that no matter how hard I try, bread is going to be the hardest thing for me to rethink. 

And in the midst of my happy food day, I went swimming twice. The first time after lunch for an hour and a half. And the second time after dinner for another 2 hours. It was such a good workout! And I love it because it is low impact and free! We did all sorts of stuff, like swimming and running and we had a chicken fight. That was a heck of a workout because we had to hold each other up, and fight. it was crazy fun. 

I feel really good about today. I am ready to make tomorrow a good day also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment